Regular price£55.00 | Save£-55.00(Liquid error (sections/product-template line 192): divided by 0% off)
Our specially designed optical frame with spring hinges, that suits medium to large face shapes. Made from 100% recycled Cornish monofilament gill netting. Fitted with blue light blocking lenses to prevent digital eye strain and fatigue from prolonged hours looking...
Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 working days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 working days depending on complexity.
100% recycled fishing gear
Our frames are entirely recycled - absolutely zero virgin plastic
Reduces eye strain
Countering the negative effects of prolonged digital screen use
Aids your sleep
Blocking blue light a few hours before bed improves sleep quality
Waterhaul Lifetime Warranty
We'll replace and recycle your frames for free, forever
S E N N E N S L A T E (B L U E L I G H T B L O C K I N G)
Our Sennen optical frame is made from 100% recycled monofilament nylon fishing nets and glazed with our premium blue light blocking lenses to protect your eyes from digital light. The rectangular frame suits most medium to large face sizes.
Blue light blocking lenses help prevent digital eye strain and mental fatigue from prolonged screen use.
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled monofilament gill nets recovered in Cornwall. These are regarded as the most dangerous form of ghost net due to their high likelihood of entanglement, as they are virtually invisible underwater.
- Matte slate grey finish that alludes to the materials origins as ocean plastic.
- Ultra-durable in-built flex hinges.
- Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
FOR SCREEN USERS
- Our blue light Tritan Renew (50% recycled content) lenses filter out 40% of high energy blue light, offer full UVA, UVB and UVC protection, and are even combined with an anti-reflective coating to reduce screen glare and reflections.
- Both the inner and outer surfaces of the lens have an oleophobic treatment to resist oil deposits (like fingerprints).
- Too much exposure to blue light can result in eye strain and fatigue, disrupted sleep and even retinal damage.
- Blue light blocking glasses help to filter out this harmful light, protecting your eyes from strain and lowering the risks of macular degeneration, alongside preventing headaches and improving your quality of sleep.
PRESCRIPTION LENS OPTIONS
Our prescription glasses lenses, including prescription blue light glasses, are glazed to the highest standards by a local family-run manufacturing opticians in Cornwall.
Simply choose a frame and upload your prescription to order online.
- Entirely plastic free and sustainable packaging.
- Worldwide shipping options.
EVERY PAIR HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
You are directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our unique education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation to understand the marine environment, why we should protect it, and to encourage innovative thinking.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our eyewear is designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
- Every pair of Waterhauls comes with a free sustainable cork tri-folding protective case included.
- Our delivery packaging is always entirely plastic-free and 100% recyclable.
All of our glasses frames are made in Northern Italy by experienced craftspeople. We work closely with the family run business to implement circular principles and sustainable practice at all stages of the supply chain - including recycling all of our waste / reject material and conducting a single-use plastics audit to eliminate all usage. Not only is there a world of difference in the product quality coming from Italian made eyewear, but also it ensures the facility is meeting the EU's high environmental and ethical workplace standards.
Recycling plastics is very carbon-efficient, with our recycled polymer having around 15% of the CO2 footprint of virgin polymers. However, despite using best-practice at all stages of the production process, there are inevitable costs associated with manufacture, with the largest being transportation. To address this, we use carbon offset transport methods for every movement from material collection to final product. In addition to this, for every pair sold we donate to mangrove reforestation projects with https://edenprojects.org, which will further sequester CO2 and deliver ecosystem benefits.
- Simple prescriptions usually take around one week to be dispatched. However, they can take up to two weeks depending on your prescription strength and the lens stock.
- Once they are ready, we aim to dispatch orders within 24hrs by Royal Mail 2nd Class, from our Cornwall warehouse.
- All items are carefully packaged completely plastic-free.
- International orders are sent by Royal Mail's Tracked and Signed service.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. PLEASE NOTE refunds are applicable to the frames only - prescription lenses are non-refundable. Select 'Frame Only' option for home try-ons. We recommend UK customers use the free Royal Mail returns service to return your items.
- Postage is always FREE on orders over £100 🕶️
Yes, we can offer prescription lenses, including prescription blue light glasses for any of our frames. Please navigate to the Sennen Slate Optical page to choose your lens.
Sennen frame 📏 Overall size guide: Medium -large Lens width: 51 mm Bridge width: 18 mm Arm length: 138 mm
30-Days To Try, Lifetime To Recycle.
We get it - picking a frame style online isn't always that easy. That's why we offer 30 days after your Waterhaul's arrive to try them on at home - UK customers, if you want to return or swap, return postage is free with Royal Mail returns. Please note, prescription lenses are non-refundable.
Likewise, we strive to operate an entirely circular business model and ensure a single pair never goes to landfill. Our sunglasses are made to last, but if you manage to break a pair, we'll offer to repair them or recycle them and provide you with replacement frame for free.