Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 working days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 working days depending on complexity.
Designed for ocean adventures
Prescription lenses and saltwater-resistant components
100% recycled fishing net
Our frames are entirely recycled - absolutely zero virgin plastic
High Quality Prescription Lenses
Glazed by specialist opticians in Cornwall
Waterhaul Lifetime Warranty
We'll replace and recycle your frames for free, forever
H A R L Y N S L A T E (O P T I C A L)
Our Harlyn Slate optical frame is made from 100% recycled trawl nets and lines and is available with prescription lenses, offering complete sustainability, utility and optical clarity. The circular/panto style frame suits a broad range of face sizes, and is fitted with base-6 lenses.
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled polypropylene nets and lines, which are the most abundant form of ghost gear we find on our shores.
- Matte slate grey finish that alludes to the materials origins as ocean plastic.
- Ultra-durable five barrel hinges.
- The plastic from 100% recycled fishing nets gives these frames flexibility, allowing you to make minor adjustments at home to get the perfect fit. View our adjustment guide here.
- Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
PRESCRIPTION LENS OPTIONS
Our prescription glasses lenses are glazed to the highest standards by a family-run manufacturing opticians in Cornwall.
We offer clear prescription lenses in three materials:
CR39 - The modern industry standard. Plastic lens with good optical clarity properties.
Mineral glass - By far the greatest optical clarity of all lens materials, with an Abbe value of 59 (vs. 32 for polycarbonate). Not recommended for strong prescriptions due to thickness. Slightly heavier than CR39.
1.67 Index - Known as 'Light and Thin' lenses, this option reduces thickness by approximately a third vs. the above options, making it ideal for stronger prescriptions. Anti-reflective coating as standard. (even thinner 1.74 Index also available on request)
Unfortunately, we are unable to produce varifocals. However, you can purchase our 'frame only' option and have them glazed with your local optician.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for queries around lens types, options and prescription queries.
TRY ME ON AT HOME
- We get it, you want to see, feel and wear our glasses before committing. That's why we offer our frame only option and 30 days to try at home and exchange or return.
PLEASE NOTE refunds are applicable to the frames only - prescription lenses are non-refundable. Select 'Frame Only' option for home try-ons.
- Entirely plastic free and sustainable packaging.
- Worldwide shipping options.
EVERY PAIR HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
You are directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our unique education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation to understand the marine environment, why we should protect it, and to encourage innovative thinking.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our eyewear is designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
- Every pair of Waterhauls comes with a free sustainable cork tri-folding protective case included.
- Our delivery packaging is always entirely plastic-free and 100% recyclable.
All of our glasses frames are made in Northern Italy by experienced craftspeople. We work closely with the family run business to implement circular principles and sustainable practice at all stages of the supply chain - including recycling all of our waste / reject material and conducting a single-use plastics audit to eliminate all usage. Not only is there a world of difference in the product quality coming from Italian made eyewear, but also it ensures the facility is meeting the EU's high environmental and ethical workplace standards.
Recycling plastics is very carbon-efficient, with our recycled polymer having around 15% of the CO2 footprint of virgin polymers. However, despite using best-practice at all stages of the production process, there are inevitable costs associated with manufacture, with the largest being transportation. To address this, we use carbon offset transport methods for every movement from material collection to final product. In addition to this, for every pair sold we donate to mangrove reforestation projects with https://edenprojects.org, which will further sequester CO2 and deliver ecosystem benefits.
- Simple prescriptions usually take around one week to be dispatched. However, they can take up to two weeks depending on your prescription strength and the lens stock.
- Once they are ready, we aim to dispatch orders within 24hrs by Royal Mail 2nd Class, from our Cornwall warehouse.
- All items are carefully packaged completely plastic-free.
- International orders are sent by Royal Mail's Tracked and Signed service.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. PLEASE NOTE refunds are applicable to the frames only - prescription lenses are non-refundable. Select 'Frame Only' option for home try-ons. We recommend UK customers use the free Royal Mail returns service to return your items.
- Postage is always FREE on orders over £100 🕶️
Yes, we can offer prescription lenses for any of our frames. Please navigatee to the sunglasses version of this page for this style.
Harlyn Slate frame 📏 Overall size guide: Small - Medium. Circular unisex frame that suits most small and medium faces. For an aqua version check out our Harlyn Aqua. Lens width: 48 mm Bridge width: 22 mm Arm length: 139 mm
30-Days To Try, Lifetime To Recycle.
We get it - picking a frame style online isn't always that easy. That's why we offer 30 days after your Waterhaul's arrive to try them on at home - UK customers, if you want to return or swap, return postage is free with Royal Mail returns. Please note, prescription lenses are non-refundable.
Likewise, we strive to operate an entirely circular business model and ensure a single pair never goes to landfill. Our sunglasses are made to last, but if you manage to break a pair, we'll offer to repair them or recycle them and provide you with replacement frame for free.