UV Protection: ? The level of protection provided by the lens. UV400 gives 100% protection against UV A, B and C rays.UV 400
Abbe value: ? The measure of optical clarity (for which Mineral Glass has the highest value of any lens material). In comparison, conventional plastic lenses have an Abbe value of just 28.59
(vs. 28 for conventional polycarbonate lenses)
Scratch resistance: ? Our hardened Mineral Glass has a surface hardness 10 times greater than any plastic based lens - even with coatings. Being made from silica and other elements, it won't scratch from sand like all other lens materials.Ultimate
Transmission value: ? The amount of visible light that can pass through a lens. A lower percentage equals a darker lens.14.56%
Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 working days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 working days depending on complexity.
Designed for ocean adventures
Saltwater-resistant lenses and components
100% recycled fishing net
Our frames are entirely recycled - absolutely zero virgin plastic
Mineral Glass+ Lenses
The world's most premium & sustainable lenses, offering full UV 400 protection
Waterhaul Lifetime Warranty
We'll replace and recycle your frames for free, forever
H A R L Y N N A V Y
Navy-coloured unisex circular sunglasses that suit most small to medium face sizes. These frames are made from recycled trawl nets and lines and are paired with our Mineral Glass+ lenses, offering complete sustainability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection.
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled polypropylene nets and lines, which are the most abundant form of ghost gear we find on our shores.
- Matte Navy finish that alludes to the materials origins as ocean plastic.
- Ultra-durable five barrel hinges.
- The plastic from 100% recycled fishing nets gives these frames flexibility, allowing you to make minor adjustments at home to get the perfect fit. View our adjustment guide here.
- Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
MINERAL GLASS, NOT PLASTIC.
We use glass lenses, over cheaper plastic lenses for three key reasons:
Optical Quality - Mineral glass has by far the greatest optical clarity of all lens materials, with an Abbe value of 59 (vs. 32 for polycarbonate).
Sustainability - Recycled plastic lenses do not exist. Glass is infinitely recyclable, and doesn't produce microplastics when cut to shape.
Scratch Resistance - Our sunglasses are designed for the beach, which means sand - the enemy of most sunglasses. Our chemically hardened glass is substantially more scratch resistant than other lenses, and exceeds all international impact resistance tests.
- Entirely plastic free and sustainable packaging.
- Worldwide shipping options.
EVERY PAIR HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
You are directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action; our unique education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation to understand the marine environment, why we should protect it, and to encourage innovative thinking.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our eyewear is designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
- Every pair of Waterhaul Sunglasses come with a free sustainable cork tri-folding protective case included.
- Our delivery packaging is always entirely plastic-free and 100% recyclable.
All of our sunglasses are made in Northern Italy by experienced craftspeople. We work closely with the family run business to implement circular principles and sustainable practice at all stages of the supply chain - including recycling all of our waste / reject material and conducting a single-use plastics audit to eliminate all usage. Not only is there a world of difference in the product quality coming from Italian made eyewear, but also it ensures the facility is meeting the EU's high environmental and ethical workplace standards.
Recycling plastics is very carbon-efficient, with our recycled polymer having around 15% of the CO2 footprint of virgin polymers. However, despite using best-practice at all stages of the production process, there are inevitable costs associated with manufacture, with the largest being transportation. To address this, we use carbon offset transport methods for every movement from material collection to final product. In addition to this, for every pair sold we donate to mangrove reforestation projects with https://edenprojects.org, which will further sequester CO2 and deliver ecosystem benefits.
- We aim to dispatch orders within 24-48hrs by Royal Mail 48hr service, from our Cornwall warehouse.
- All items are carefully packaged completely plastic-free.
- International orders are sent by Royal Mail's Tracked and Signed service.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. We recommend UK customers use the free Royal Mail returns service to return your items.
- Double up and save! 🕶️ Postage is always FREE on orders over £100.
Harlyn Navy Frames 📏 Overall size guide: Small - Medium. Circular unisex frame that suits most small and medium faces. For an aqua version check out our Harlyn Aqua sunglasses. Lens width: 48 mm Bridge width: 22 mm Arm length: 139 mm
30-Days To Try, Lifetime To Recycle.
We get it - picking a frame style online isn't always that easy. That's why we offer 30 days after your Waterhaul's arrive to try them on at home - UK customers, if you want to return or swap, return postage is free with Royal Mail returns.
Likewise, we strive to operate an entirely circular business model and ensure a single pair never goes to landfill. Our sunglasses are made to last, but if you manage to break a pair, we'll offer to repair them or recycle them and provide you with replacement frame for free.