Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 days for international orders.
Designed for ocean adventures
Saltwater-resistant lenses and components
100% recycled fishing net
Our frames are entirely recycled - absolutely zero virgin plastic
Barberini Mineral Glass Lenses
The world's most premium and sustainable lenses
Waterhaul Lifetime Warranty
We'll replace and recycle your frames for free, forever
H A R L Y N A Q U AOur Harlyn Aqua sunglasses model is made from recycled plastic monofilament gill nets and is paired with mineral glass lenses, offering complete sustainability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The circular frame suits most small and medium face shapes.
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled monofilament gill nets recovered in Cornwall. These are regarded as the most dangerous form of ghost net due to their high likelihood of entanglement, as they are virtually invisible underwater.
- The turquoise ‘seaglass’ colouration of the Harlyn Aqua frame is entirely derived from the original netting and has no additional pigments or dyes.
- Ultra-durable five barrel hinges.
- Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
MINERAL GLASS, NOT PLASTIC.
We're supplied by Barberini, regarded as the producer of the world's best optical quality lenses - famous for producing opticals for the likes as Maui Jim.
We use glass lenses, over cheaper plastic lenses for three key reasons:
Optical Quality - Mineral glass has by far the greatest optical clarity of all lens materials, with an Abbe value of 59 (vs. 32 for polycarbonate).
Sustainability - Recycled plastic lenses do not exist. Glass is infinitely recyclable, and doesn't produce microplastics when cut to shape.
Scratch Resistance - Our sunglasses are designed for the beach, which means sand - the enemy of most sunglasses. Our chemically hardened polarised glass is substantially more scratch resistant than other lenses, and exceeds all international impact resistance tests.
EVERY PAIR HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
You are directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our unique education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation to understand the marine environment, why we should protect it, and to encourage innovative thinking.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our eyewear is designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.Learn more
- Every pair of Waterhauls comes with a free sustainable cork tri-folding protective case included.
- Our delivery packaging is always entirely plastic-free and 100% recyclable.
30-Days To Try,
Lifetime To Recycle.
We get it - picking a frame style online isn't always that easy. That's why we offer 30 days after your Waterhaul's arrive to try them on at home - if you want to return or swap, return postage is free with Paypal Returns.
Likewise, we strive to operate an entirely circular business model and ensure a single pair never goes to landfill. Our sunglasses are made to last, but if you manage to break a pair, we'll offer to repair them or recycle them and provide you with replacement frame for free.