BYCATCH - Recycled Ocean Plastic Standard Litter Picker
Regular price£15.00£10.50 | Save£4.50(30% off)
BYCATCH SALE - These litter pickers have cosmetic imperfections, including misprinted logos and scratched recycled aluminium shafts, however this does not effect their functionality. You will receive fully working litter pickers with random cosmetic imperfections.
Our operations team occasionally encounters a litter picker that isn’t quite up to our quality control standards, despite functioning perfectly.
Our bycatch litter pickers have cosmetic faults, such as misprinted logos and scratched recycled aluminium shafts, making them unfit for general sale, but still perfectly functional for litter picking, and we want them put to good use!
TURNING A PROBLEM ON ITS HEAD
The jaw, trigger and handle of our litter pickers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene from trawl nets and lines, which is the most common form of ghost gear found on our coastline. Now, with your help, the problem will become part of the solution.
We designed the parts with sufficient thickness to be rugged and strong, enabling us to utilise the degraded and less pristine fishing nets that we find on mass. Unlike for our sunglasses, we don't have to be fussy with which nets we recycle in order to deliver a great product.
DESIGNED FOR FUNCTION
- Recycled aluminium extruded shaft, stainless steel rivets and 100% recycled PET string.
- Horned magnetic end, for easily hooking plastic bags, buried fishing line or facemasks and easily picking up small metal items such as bottle tops.
- Simple ergonomic, lightweight and solidly constructed design, made in the UK.
- Our standard litter pickers are oversized, and so postage is more expensive than for our folding litter pickers.
- We get it, you want to test out our products before committing. That's why we offer 30 days to return your order.
- Entirely plastic free and sustainable packaging.
EVERY PRODUCT HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
Not only are you enabling your own beach cleaning capabilities, but you are also directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation in the marine environment and the plastic pollution issue.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our products are designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
We developed the idea whilst conducting beach cleans and recovering ghost gear along the Cornish coastline. It didn’t make sense to us that the equipment used by individuals who take direct action against the plastic pollution crisis contained non-recyclable virgin plastic. Instead, wouldn’t beach cleans feel more inspired and hopeful if the equipment was constructed from the very ocean plastic material they were intercepting?
Our litter pickers are made in the UK. The plastic components are made from 100% recycled trawl nets and lines recovered from the UK coastline. The final products are hand assembled by our partner facility in the North of England.
- We aim to dispatch orders within 24-48hrs by ParcelForce 48hr service, from our Cornwall warehouse.
- All items are carefully packaged completely plastic-free.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. We recommend that UK customers use the free Royal Mails Returns Service to return their items.
Standard Litter Picker 📏 Weight: 142g Total length: 820mm Width: 13mm Height: 89mm
Our litter pickers are designed to be rugged, durable and used in any environment. However, to get the most of your new litter picker: - If sandy, muddy or exposed to saltwater, rinse clean with freshwater. - Don't lean on it, exert sideways pressure or place excessive force onto the shaft. - The draw string can be tightened if it starts to loosen. - The size of the opening of the jaw can be changed depending on preference - just undo the knot at the back of the jaw, change the opening size and retie.