Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 days depending on complexity.
Recycled Beach Cleaner's Knife
T H E B E A C H C L E A N E R S K N I F EInspiration: The knife we wanted didn't exist, so we created it.
Our beach cleaner's knife is made from 100% recycled Cornish gill nets, paired with a high-end Italian serrated safety blade. The ultimate boat-safe pocket tool for tackling ghost gear and other forms of plastic pollution.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled monofilament gill nets, which are regarded as the most dangerous form of ghost nets due to their likelihood of entanglement and invisible underwater appearance.
- The green ‘seaglass’ colouration of the knife is entirely derived from the original netting and has no additional pigments or dyes.
- Ergonomic shaped handle with folding blade design.
- Loop hole for carry attachment
DESIGNED FOR FUNCTION
The blade and components of our beach cleaners knife are made with 2.5 mm thick W 1.4034 stainless steel for an optimum blend of corrosion resistance properties without sacrificing hardness (56HRC) and the ability to hold an edge.
- Made in Italy by precision knife makers
- 61 mm total blade length
- Purposeful blade with 50 mm (65 mm for blunt tip variation) serrated section for slicing through tough ropes, nets and lines
- Safety tipped design with either hidden hooked blade for finer cuts of thinner lines, or blunt tip with longer serrated section for cutting thick nets and ropes.
- Built to last. Whilst steel blades are initially energy intensive to create, our knives are built for a lifetime of purpose and adventure.
EVERY PRODUCT HAS DIRECT IMPACT
Not only are you enabling your own beach clean capabilities, but you are also directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation in the marine environment and the plastic pollution issue.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our products are designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.Learn more
WHY WE CREATED THIS PRODUCT
Carrying a knife is an essential part of our equipment for the heart of our work - collecting nets. For net collection missions we favour the beach cleaning knife, but when heading outdoors for all other expeditions the Adventure Knife is our go-to.
We created the knife we wanted; corrosion resistant blade without sacrificing the quality of it's edge, simple and purposeful design, affordable and unlike other knives on the market; made from our 100% recycled fishing nets rather than virgin polymers.The result is a functional pocket carry for everything from slicing through tough monofilament, to chef duties at beach barbecues.
Beachcleaner's Knife 📏
Weight: 77 g
Total blade length: 61 mm
Length of serrated blade portion: 50 mm
Blade thickness: 2.5 mm
Folded length: 111 mm
Body height: 29 mm
Body thickness: 16.5 mm