Regular price£25.00 | Save£-25.00(Liquid error (sections/product-template line 192): divided by 0% off)
The knife we wanted didn’t exist, so we created it.Our beach cleaning knife is made from 100% recycled Cornish gill nets. The high-end Italian serrated blade is specifically for water safety and for tackling ghost gear.
Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 working days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 working days depending on complexity.
T H E B E A C H C L E A N E R S K N I F E
Inspiration: The knife we wanted didn't exist, so we created it.
Our beach cleaner's knife is made from 100% recycled Cornish gill nets, paired with a high-end Italian serrated safety blade. The ultimate boat-safe pocket tool for tackling ghost gear and other forms of plastic pollution.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled monofilament gill nets, which are regarded as the most dangerous form of ghost nets due to their likelihood of entanglement and invisible underwater appearance.
- The green ‘seaglass’ colouration of the knife is entirely derived from the original netting and has no additional pigments or dyes.
- Ergonomic shaped handle with folding blade design.
- Loop hole for carry attachment
DESIGNED FOR FUNCTION
The blade and components of our beach cleaners knife are made with 2.5 mm thick W 1.4034 stainless steel for an optimum blend of corrosion resistance properties without sacrificing hardness (56HRC) and the ability to hold an edge.
- Made in Italy by precision knife makers
- 61 mm total blade length
- Purposeful blade with 50 mm (65 mm for blunt tip variation) serrated section for slicing through tough ropes, nets and lines
- Safety tipped design with either hidden hooked blade for finer cuts of thinner lines, or blunt tip with longer serrated section for cutting thick nets and ropes.
- Built to last. Whilst steel blades are initially energy intensive to create, our knives are built for a lifetime of purpose and adventure.
- We get it, you want to see, feel and wear our products before committing. That's why we offer 30 days to try at home and exchange or return
Not only are you enabling your own beach clean capabilities, but you are also directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation in the marine environment and the plastic pollution issue.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our products are designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
Carrying a knife is an essential part of our equipment for the heart of our work - collecting nets. For net collection missions we favour the beach cleaning knife, but when heading outdoors for all other expeditions the Adventure Knife is our go-to. We created the knife we wanted; corrosion resistant blade without sacrificing the quality of it's edge, simple and purposeful design, affordable and unlike other knives on the market; made from our 100% recycled fishing nets rather than virgin polymers. The result is a functional pocket carry for everything from slicing through tough monofilament, to chef duties at beach barbecues.
Our folding pocket knives are made in the Italian knife-making town of Maniago, where the reputation of it’s experienced craftspeople dates back to the 16th century. We work closely with the family run business to implement circular principles and sustainable practice at all stages of the supply chain – including recycling all of our waste sprues / reject material and conducting a single-use plastics audit to eliminate all usage. Not only is there a world of difference in the product quality coming from Italian made products, but also it ensures the facility is meeting the EU’s high environmental and ethical workplace standards. Our recycled plastic is shipped to Italy via a carbon-offset service (as are the knives on their return journey).
- We aim to dispatch all orders placed before 10am same day, carefully packaged plastic-free at our Cornwall warehouse.
- International orders are sent by Royal Mail's Tracked and Signed service.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. We recommend UK customers use the free Royal Mail returns service to return their items.
Beachcleaner's Knife 📏 Weight: 77 g Total blade length: 61 mm Length of serrated blade portion: 50 mm Blade thickness: 2.5 mm Folded length: 111 mm Body height: 29 mm Body thickness: 16.5 mm
We recommend rinsing your knife in fresh water and drying after use. Oiling the blade after washing helps add additional rust protection. Investing in a sharpening stone will help keep your blade edge razor sharp. The folding and locking mechanism should be oiled at least twice a year.