Upcycled Beach Clean Bag
Designed for adventures
Lightweight but durable sailcloth, under 50g per sack
100% upcycled sails
Made from durable end-of-life spinnaker sails
Made in the UK
Individually handmade at a sail-loft in Penryn, Cornwall
Designed with circular concepts in mind. Repairable and reusable
UPCYCLED SAILCLOTH BEACH CLEAN BAG
Inspiration: To create the tools for tackling the plastic problem, out of the problem itself.
You asked, we listened! A durable and reusable litter picking bag, custom fit to pair with our recycled bag hoops or fold into your backpack for use on it's own during those impromptu beach cleans!
Made in Cornwall, from end-of-life sail cloth waste. Created in collaboration with Ocean Republic.
LOOKING TO PURCHASE 10 OR MORE BAGS? Contact us for bulk pricing!
TURNING A PROBLEM ON ITS HEAD
Sails are made from incredibly strong and durable plastics, but are replaced over time to ensure reliability. No facilities exist for recycling, with an estimated 97% ending up in landfill.
Partnering with Ocean Republic, we are upcycling this high quality plastic by transforming end-of-life sails from a waste material, into a valuable resource.
UPCYCLED, ONE BY ONE
- The bags are constructed from spinnaker sails; a lightweight but highly durable form of sail. Every single bag will be unique in appearance, depending on the donor sail and what position it was cut from.
- Easy to wash out (an outdoor hose is perfect) and reuse.
- Seams are sewn with recycled cotton thread.
- Custom fit for our recycled bag hoops, but can be used standalone.
- Handmade in the UK (Penryn, Cornwall)
- Our litter picker range is made with 100% recycled fishing gear components. Our folding litter pickers are a compact option, or we offer full length versions too.
- Our upcycled sail bags are designed to fit our recycled bag holding hoops, and make beach cleaning a lot easier.
EVERY PRODUCT HAS A DIRECT IMPACT
Not only are you enabling your own beach cleaning capabilities, but you are also directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation in the marine environment and the plastic pollution issue.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our products are designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.Learn more
WHY WE CREATED THIS PRODUCT
It didn’t make sense to us that the equipment used by individuals who take direct action against the plastic pollution crisis contained non-recyclable virgin plastic. And we heard the same from you, that single-use bin bags just didn't feel right!
We teamed up with a local maker, Rory McKellar, to utilise sailcloth's properties to create the ultimate reusable beach cleaning sack.
Litter Picking Bag 📏
Weight: 49g (approx.)