Estimated delivery for UK orders between and . Please allow 7-10 working days for international orders. Prescription orders take 7-14 working days depending on complexity.
RECYCLED LITTER PICKING BAG HOOP Inspiration: To create the tools for tackling the plastic problem, out of the problem itself.
Our recycled bag hoops hold your bin bags or sacks in place with a convenient wide opening - essential for windy litter picks. They're constructed from 100% recycled polypropylene fishing gear, utilising over 300 grams per hoop!
Our litter picking equipment is designed as a concept to demonstrate circular economy solutions and to inspire and enable people to take their own positive action to protect the local environments they love.
TURNING A PROBLEM ON IT'S HEAD
The body of our two-part litter picking bag hoop is made from 100% recycled polypropylene from fishing gear, predominantly potting lines (rope), which is one of the most common forms of end-of-life fishing gear we find on our coastline. Now, with your help, the problem will become part of the solution.
Every hoop supports a significant positive impact, creating a significant demand (300 grams, equivalent to 7m of potting line) for plastic to be recovered and recycled.
Our recycled plastic is extremely heavy-duty and even out-performed virgin plastic in our drop test comparisons, due it's flexible properties.
DESIGNED FOR FUNCTION
- Securely grips and holds a refuse sack with a fixed 30cm diameter opening and ergonomic carry handle. Use of a hoop avoids the hassle and difficulties of loose, flapping and ripping bin bags, particularly in windy conditions.
- The folding clam-shell ring design compatible with most bin bags, heavy duty refuse sacks, and even hessian and woven PP sacks.
- Simple, ergonomic and solidly constructed design, proudly made in the UK.
Not only are you enabling your own beach cleaning capabilities, but you are also directly enabling the expansion of our ghost gear recovery and recycling efforts and creating a demand for plastic to be removed from the ocean.
You'll also be supporting the delivery of PlaNET Action, our education program. We deliver workshops across the UK, with our portable ocean plastic recycling machines and our marine biologist educators deployed to engage and inspire the next-generation in the marine environment and the plastic pollution issue.
We're passionate about combining adventure with purpose - action on the ocean, for the oceans. Our products are designed to meet the demands of this environment and enhance your experience whilst symbolising and inspiring marine conservation.
We developed the idea whilst conducting beach cleans and recovering ghost gear along the Cornish coastline. It didn’t make sense to us that the equipment used by individuals who take direct action against the plastic pollution crisis contained non-recyclable virgin plastic. Instead, wouldn’t beach cleans feel more inspired and hopeful if the equipment was constructed from the very ocean plastic material they were intercepting?
Our bag hoops are proudly made in the UK, at a contracted facility in Wiltshire. The plastic components are made from 100% recycled gear and lines recovered from the UK ports and coastline. The final products are dispatched from our Cornwall HQ.
- We aim to dispatch bag hoop orders within 24-48hrs from our Cornwall warehouse. Orders of up to 4 bag hoops are dispatched via Royal Mail 2nd Class. Orders of greater than 4 bag hoops are dispatched by Hermes three-day service.
- All items are carefully packaged completely plastic-free.
- You have 30 days after the arrival of the parcel to return them back to us for a refund. We recommend UK customers to use the free Royal Mail returns service to return their items.